Finally. It’s here. We all have our closure. The season has been saved. The league and it’s players met for 16 hours straight yesterday to save it. I can’t remember the last thing I did for 16 hours straight.
Anyway, the players were able to minimize the damage that the owners tried to inflict and ultimately came up with a deal they and the owners are able to live with.
- Maximum 7 year contracts for signing players. 8 year contracts if it’s your own players.
- 10 year CBA. Mutual opt out after 8 years.
- Salary cap for 2013-14 season $64.3. Cap floor $44 million.
- Draft lottery makes all non playoff teams fully eligible for the 1st overall pick.
- Teams must use two amnesty buyouts before the 2013-14 season.
- Salary variance is now at 35% year to year. Lowest salary cannot be more than 50% in the lowest year.
I have stuff to do today and hopefully by tonight I can have more details on this, and some stuff regarding the Rangers.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.