Boy did the Rangers need this win. After the Leafs first two goals every Rangers fan went “uh oh, here we go again”.
The Rangers dominated the game even though they were down two goals and stuck with their gameplan throughout. The result? They scored five unanswered goals and win
Some notes below:
- Rick Nash and his line mates with another solid performance. 8 points between all of them tonight. Have to feel Nash will start getting some puck luck with another solid performance shooting the puck. Eight shots for Nash tonight, and Gaborik was an offensive dynamo.
- Two blown defensive assignments cost the Rangers again early on. I’m kind of shocked that Girardi and Mcdonagh made those mistakes they did. Hopefully it’s just rust.
- Benn Ferriero looked very good tonight and I think this John Tortorella quote says it all: “I thought that little s**t Ferriero played well.” Enough said.
- James Reimer looked pretty good for Toronto. Made some good saves and kept them in it early on.
- Speaking of Ferriero, him Callahan and Hagelin looked very good.
- Arron Asham picking up right where he left off against Pittsburgh with another fight.
- Taylor Pyatt with another good game. No goals to show for it, but he’s looking like a good signing.
In other news Jason Arnott was signed to a one year deal. I like the signing as it gives the Rangers some added depth. The deal is worth between $1.6-$1.7 million.
Also, Wade Redden scored. Sigh….
Rangers take on the Flyers tuesday. Stay tuned for more Rangers news and analysis between now and then.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.