Well that was kind of a sweet and sour victory.
Rangers won a tough game but Ryan Callahan left the game and was seriously injured.
Some quick hits below:
- Good game by Michael Del Zotto. Goal and an assist tonight. Probably his best game all year.
- The game was like roles reversed from the last time these teams played. Rangers came out with some jump and scored two goals. The Flyers got one back but couldn’t get the equalizer with the 5 on 3 advantage.
- Carl Hagelin didn’t register a point but was all over the ice and making good plays.
- Jeff Halpern probably had his best game as a Ranger. He couldn’t finish a couple chances in front of Ilya Bryzgalov but was key in killing off penalties and winning face offs.
- Rangers had their best game of the year in terms of face offs. Won 40 out of 61 of them.
- If Ryan Callahan’s shoulder was dislocated (which is a decent possibility considering Max Talbot thought it popped out) the recovery time is 4-12 weeks depending on the damage.
- Speaking of Max Talbot I absolutely hate the guy. There’s really no rhyme or reason I just do.
- Benn Ferriero registered an assist tonight. He also looked good in action.
- Since Callahan likely won’t be able to play thursday I really hope Chris Kreider is healed and ready to step into the fold again.
- King Henrik looks to be finding his groove.
Rangers take on the Penguins thursday and be sure to check back here to read the pre-game report. Between now and then I’m sure we’ll get a diagnosis on Callahan.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation