The Rangers take on the Flyers tonight and are looking to get on some sort of a hotstreak. Glen Sather is still interested in adding depth. Heres a quote from him:
“We’re always looking,” Sather said. “We have 10 rookies at Hartford (AHL). It’s necessary to look around. It’s going to be a long year, you never know what’s going to happen. There’s always injuries so it’s smart to look around.”
It’s a lot easier to add depth now because no one on the Rangers is injured. If a key member of the team goes down for a long period of time (god forbid) then teams will realize the Rangers are dtrading from weakness and jack up the prices of players on them. Sather’s been coaching and managing teams longer than I’ve been alive so I’m pretty sure he understands this.
Chris Kreider is still out with that bone chip in his ankle.
I fully expect Henrik Lundqvist to be in net tonight. I just don’t see Martin Biron playing until maybe the team has another back to back game.
Onto my five questions:
1) Does the first line contribute at least one goal tonight?
2) Is Steve Eminger decent enough? Or do the Rangers look for added depth at defense?
3) Does Carl Hagelin get his first point tonight?
4) Who is your guilty pleasure player on the Flyers? (Player you secretly like) Mine’s Claude Giroux.
5) Which player do you despise the most on the Flyers?
Stay tuned after the game for a post-game recap. Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.