The Rangers take on the Islanders for the first time this season at 7 PM. The game is on MSG and MSG plus 9,000.
I’m very happy as I will be attending the game this evening. Hopefully I bring some luck to the team.
Some quick hits below:
- Brian Boyle is a healthy scratch tonight.
- Stu Bickel is a healthy scratch tonight.
- Ryan Callahan is expected to make his return to the lineup tonight.
- Dan Girardi skated but I can’t confirm if he’ll play or not.
- Here are tonight’s lines:
- Taylor Pyatt, Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik
- Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Rick Nash
- Chris Kreider, JT Miller, Ryan Callahan
- Arron Asham, Jeff Halpern, Darroll Powe
- Looks our bottom 6 has a line with two Ivy Leaguers from Princeton, and another line that’s all american.
My 5 questions:
1) Thoughts on the America line?
2) Any fights tonight?
3) Does Boyle deserved to be scratched?
4) John Tavares… Top 5 center in the league? (I think so) (Him, Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Kopitar)
5) Do we hear any “Fire Sullivan” chants tonight if the power play continues to be terrible?
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.