The Rangers had collapse similar to the game in Boston, only this time they couldn’t grab the two points in the shootout.
Some thoughts below:
- Carl Hagelin’s best game ever in a Rangers uniform. He’s really breaking out this season.
- Brad Richards had a night to forget. Torts benched him in the third and he deserved it. Hopefully he responds well to it.
- Brian Boyle came back to lineup and caused havoc everywhere. No way he’s scratched Sunday.
- Martin Biron was solid throughout the game but was absolutely awful in the shootout. He looked like a deer in the headlights. Oh, and his five-hole was wide open again in the shootout.
- Marian Gaborik…. How can a pure goal scorer be so bad in shootouts?
- John Tavares was a beast for the Islanders. He’s a real sight to see.
- Be interesting to see if Torts chooses Miller or Kreider to stay with the big club. I think it will come down to one or the other.
- Derek Stepan wasn’t as bad as Richards, but he wasn’t good tonight. He gifted Michael Grabner a breakaway in OT that nearly costed the Rangers the game right then and there.
- These mental breakdowns with multiple goal leads need to stop. Like right now.
Onto the next one I guess. Rangers played good enough to win, and definitely deserved a point. The Rangers play again Sunday when the Capitals come to town.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.