The Rangers got a big win today against the Capitals. This was a big two points for the team.
Some notes and thoughts below:
- Good performance by the Rangers getting 40 shots on Braden Holtby. I was at the game tonight and I just knew that if the Rangers got one goal by him, more goals would come. Give credit to Holtby to keep the Capitals in the game the entire time.
- Hey the team scored a power play goal! Quick puck movement led to the easy put away by Stepan.
- God do I miss the old Alex Ovechkin. His skill is still there, but now when he gets the puck it just seems like he doesn’t have the drive to go blow by defenders. Being at the game I think you notice the players on ice mannerisms more, and he just looked like a shell of his former self out there.
- I hope Darroll Powe is ok. Definitely a concussion. I was sitting above where the Rangers walk into their dressing room and he looked groggy when he walked by to say the least. If I asked him how many fingers I was holding up, no way he would have known. Get well soon Powe.
- Speaking of Powe, I recall a similar incident happening to Brendan Shanahan and Mike Knuble a few years ago. Here’s the video:
- With Darroll Powe likely not returning to the lineup any time soon unfortunately, Chris Kreider will get a chance to prove himself again. I’m not sure these are the circumstances Kreider wants to comeback to the lineup in, but nonetheless he’ll have to take advantage.
- Henrik Lundqvist appears to be getting himself back to Vezina form. That John Carlson slap shot was pretty much unstoppable.
The Rangers next game is on tuesday night against Montreal. Be sure to check back here tomorrow for news from practice and on Darroll Powe.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.