The Rangers have shown some positives and negatives in this season. Here is what the fans should and should not be worried about.
Reasons not to worry:
1) This may be the teams lowest point that they go through during the course of the season and their only 8-6-2.
2) No matter where this team finishes in the standings (if they make the playoffs) they know they can beat anyone in the league and they have playoff experience that they lacked in recent years.
3) The top line of Nash, Stepan and Hagelin is one of the best top lines in the game.
4) Lundqvist is Lundqvist.
5) John Tortorella will get his players where they need to be.
6) The Ranger’s penalty kill is has established itself as a good part of their special teams.
Reasons to worry:
1) When will this team stop treading water and hit their high mark? Can they hit their high mark?
2) Will home-ice play a big factor if this team finishes as a bottom seed?
3) Gaborik and Richards are struggling. They are no where near their level of play from a year ago.
4) Lundqvist is not getting any help from the defense in front of him.
5) Is John Tortorella the right coach for this newer Ranger team than the old one we saw a year ago? Is his system right for more of a talented lineup?
6) The Ranger power play is more of a tragedy than most of Shakespeare’s plays.