Well that was disgusting to watch. The Rangers were very much in the game the whole time but at the same time they weren’t. Weird I know. On to my thoughts.
- Five penalties! I’m sorry, but you can’t take five penalties with four of them in one period, and expect to win a hockey game. It’s just not going to happen on most nights. Rangers are pretty fortunate though they were matched up tonight with the worst ranked power play in the league.
- The Rangers top players got destroyed. Rick Nash, Brad Richards, and Marian Gaborik were all minus two’s. Buffalo’s third line had a career night tonight. Marcus Foligno had 1 goal the entire season going into tonight and left the game with 3 goals on the season. Great…
- Can’t blame Dan Girardi for that second goal by Thomas Vanek. Those outlet passes off the wall are damn near impossible to play even for a NHL defenseman of Girardi’s stature. The forward has so much speed going through it’s very hard to catch him.
- On what world does Michael Haley play over ten minutes and line up next to Stepan and Hagelin in the third period? He didn’t look bad, but Torts must have been pissed at the team.
- I definitely think Rick Nash should have gotten some PK minutes in the second period. One: The Sabres PP sucks and were giving up shorthanded chances all night. Two: Jeff Halpern and Darroll Powe needed a rest. Three: The team was in need of a goal and Nash is the team’s best offensive weapon. Those are my three reasons.
- Ryan Callahan loves getting points against his hometown team doesn’t he?
- This team definitely needs Marc Staal back. A conditioned Roman Hamrlik who can contribute 15 minutes a night wouldn’t hurt either.