We’re now midway through the season folks, and the Rangers still haven’t found their offensive groove. Sad I know. This game looked awfully similar to the game in which the Rangers just played against the Sabres. They were always in the game, but yet they weren’t. You just never felt they were going to take the lead.
- Great way to start the game off. Take a penalty and then give up a PPG not even two minutes in. The Rangers really outdid themselves on that one. It was an unfortunate goal to give up because usually when Callahan blocks a chunk of the puck it doesn’t go towards the net. Only thing that made the goal worse was that it was Nik Antropov who scored it. Yes, that Nik Antropov. Ugh.
- Good response by the Rangers to come out guns blazing to start the second period. They were even rewarded with a goal for their efforts. That’s something that doesn’t usually happen. Too bad this was the only real sense of urgency they showed all game.
- 6 minutes for Hamrlik? The way Mike Sullivan uses his defenseman I’d be surprised if Del Zotto, Girardi, McDonagh, and Staal aren’t burned out by the time they’re all 30 years old. They’re all going to end up like the horse at the end of True Grit and just collapse on the ice.
- Shout out to Michael Haley for being the only person on the team that tried to get the momentum back after the first Jets goal. I get that he’s the only fighter on the team, but there are other ways players can show urgency.
- Really creative chanting by Jets fans. “TORT-O-RELLA” “LUND-QVIST”. Really? Joe Micheletti (Who I dislike by the way) was actually impressed by them. Joe, go watch a European Soccer match if you want some creative chanting.
- Terribly unlucky with the second goal by the Jets. Byfuglien’s shot wasn’t even going on goal. Goals that go in that weren’t even on goal to begin with should only happen to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- I think that pretty much wraps it all up. Crappy performance all around. Team needs to come out firing against Pittsburgh. If they played the Penguins tonight they would have lost in two periods. Seriously. They need their A game on Saturday.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.