Just everything about this win was ugly. The start, the finish, the goals that were scored, the goals that weren’t… The Rangers fought hard though, and came away with two points.
- Rangers need to stop giving up the first goal. This will be the death of them if it continues.You can’t be playing catch up every single game you play. You end up chasing the game. Sure, some nights you win, some nights you lose, but you win more by scoring first in this league.
- What’s with the terrible first five minutes to these games? Not even 30 seconds in, Gaborik takes a tripping penalty. The Rangers had the puck in the offensive zone as well. Very frustrating to watch this team do the same stupid things night in and night out.
- Shout out to Michael Del Zotto tonight. Kid did everything in the game. He was nifty and getting his shots on goal in the offensive zone, and he was hard on the puck in the defensive zone. Maybe his best game of the year and he didn’t have a point to show for it.
- Can’t believe the Rangers had to unintentionally bulldoze Dan Ellis to score their only regulation goal tonight. Offense was better, but they can’t finish anything at the moment.
- Brad Richards sort of looked like Brad Richards of old tonight. Don’t really know what else to say on that note.
- Rick Nash’s goal in the shootout was Forsberg-esque. It’s unfair the moves he can pull off with the reach he has. Reminds me of Eric Lindros. Big dude that can pull off little man moves.
- JT Miller’s shootout goal on the other hand I wasn’t even sure was legal when I saw it live. Coulda sworn he went backwards at one point, but he really did a half moon around the crease. Really ugly that he lost the puck though in the beginning, but that’s why he scored in the first place.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation