What a good hockey game. Honestly, those were my first thoughts after the game. All around that was a very good hockey game to watch. The Rangers winning was just icing on the cake for me. I don’t have too much time and should get back to studying, so let’s quickly get to some thoughts.
- Henrik Lundqvist was great this game. He followed up a very good game last night with an even better one tonight. He’s slowly getting back into 2011-12 form.
- Johan Hedberg wasn’t too bad either. His save on Hagelin was highway robbery.
- Michael Del Zotto followed up his best game of the season with another very solid performance. A few weeks ago I thought maybe the Rangers should try to trade him if they could get a nice return. Well I don’t think they can afford to trade him right now, especially with Staal outta the lineup. His goal was also really nice. Great job batting it in and even better decision to jump into the play while short handed.
- Ilya Kovalchuk scares me like no other ever Devil has. Every time he has the puck on his stick he can do magical things.
- Wasn’t a great game by Rick Nash but he got the game winning goal. That’s why he’s a game changer. He can be having a so-so game and suddenly he pops up outta nowhere and gets a goal.
- Note to Brad Richards: Hit. The. Net.
- I think the Rangers finally have their lines set. Took them more than ha;f the season but they finally have chemistry throughout the lineup.
Rangers are back at it Thursday against the Panthers and a win would be very nice. They’re back in the 8th spot in the east and need to climb higher in the standings.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation