First off, let me begin this post by telling you guys about a bit of irony. I mentioned Dan Girardi as my Steven McDonald award winning candidate a couple days ago. Last night he goes out and puts in the game winning goal for the Rangers in overtime. Of all the people that could have scored last night it’s a little funny Girardi got the goal.
Onto some quick hits:
- Henrik Lundqvist. Vezina winner. Definitely now a possibility again. A couple weeks ago that’s maybe not the case, but now I think Henrik definitely has to be in the discussion.
- What a nifty little pass from Brassard to Girardi. Just brilliant.
- Speaking of Girardi he looked like a 40 goal scorer on that play.
- I haven’t seen a hockey game that intense since the playoffs last year. Really edge of your seat action the entire game.
- The Islanders threw the kitchen sink at the Rangers and they survived or at least Lundqvist and a few posts and crossbars did. I wouldn’t say the Rangers were awful yesterday, but they didn’t carry the play enough. That’s something that needs to change.
- Everyone on the team yesterday played their hearts out. Really not one person on the team I can say didn’t give it their all out there. I think that’s all you can ask of each player.
Honestly not too much to say about the game. I”d also like to see these two teams play a playoff series against one another. It’d certainly be very interesting.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation