After last night I’m trying to figure out which was more unbelievable: the Rangers beating the Capitals in 7 games with Rick Nash not scoring a single goal or the Rangers winning a game 7 by the score of 5-0. Well both of those things happened yesterday. Pretty unbelievable when you think about it. Let’s reflect back on this series for a second.
- Henrik Lundqvist had back to back shutouts in games 6 and 7. That’s why he’s the King.
- Arron Asham had 2 goals. Alexander Ovechkin had 1. Hahahahahahaha.
- Derick Brassard had 9 points. I love this guy.
- The Capitals only had a lead the series for a total of 35 minutes. That’s less than 2 periods of hockey.
- The home team won every game of the series until the last one.
- Derek Stepan, Brad Richards, and Rick Nash combined for 5 points in the series. That cannot continue.
Looking back I think the Rangers winning game 6 was the turning point. Just in the fashion they did it really frustrated the Capitals, and I think that carried over into the game last night. The Capitals were undisciplined last night and were trying way too hard to score. Never before have seen defenseman like Mike Green miss the net so much when they have time and space. Classic case of gripping the sticks too tight. Henrik Lundqvist won this series for the Rangers, and him getting into the heads of Capitals players had a part to play in it.
The Rangers will now take on a Bruins team that’s coming off an epic win. That was really something for the ages. It’s going to be a very tight battle all around and it’s going to be hard for the Rangers to get open ice. Stay tuned because tomorrow I’m going to preview the series.
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Bluelinestation.
Topics: New York Rangers