Staten Island, N.Y. – Well in case you live under a rock or you’ve somehow managed to invent time travel & you’re from the past, this post is for you to know what’s going on in the NHL today.
First and foremost, the New York Rangers found their guy. About mid-day on June 15, 2013 word spread that the Rangers have agreed to sign former Vancouver Canucks head coach, Alain Vigneault, to the vacant position due to the recently departed John Tortorella. Is he the right guy for the job? Only time will tell, but I believe yes.
Game 2: Stanley Cup Finals
Just like Game 1, game 2 needed extra time to decide the winner. Although it didn’t take as long as game 1 did (3 OT), Danielle Paille netted a beautiful Top Shelf goal to even the series for the Boston Bruins heading back to TD Garden for game 3. Patrick Sharp scored for the Blackhawks & Chris Kelly also scored for the Bruins. Game 3 is Monday, June 17th @ 8pm on NBCSN.
The NHL Awards
The last of the NHL Awards were given out Saturday Evening prior to game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Here are all of your winners of the 2013 NHL Season.
- Hart Trophy – Alexander Ovechkin
- Vezina Award – Sergei Bobrovsky
- Ted Lindsay Award - Sidney Crosby
- Calder Memorial Trophy - Johnathan Huberdeau
- James Norris Memorial Trophy - PK Subban
- Frank J. Selke Award - Johnathan Toews
- Jack Adams Award - Paul MacLean
- GM of the Year - Ray Shero
- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - Martin St. Louis
- NHL Foundation Player Award - Henrik Zetterberg
- King Clancy Memorial Trophy - Patrice Bergeron
- Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy - Josh Harding
- Bridgestone Messier Leadership Award - Daniel Alfredsson