In one of the wildest games of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Blackhawks giving up 2, 2 goal leads, only to persevere and win in overtime 6-5, thanks to Brent Seabrook.
- Well if a game like this didn’t come as a surprise to anyone, you’re kidding yourself. The two teams are very strong defensively, and have strong goaltending to back them up, but to see each team give up 5+ goals was very surprising.
- I don’t know what was wrong with Corey Crawford, but it was very unlike him to have a bad glove side last night. Each goal given up by Crawford was glove side, and it seemed his reaction time wasn’t there.
- Good to see Marian Hossa out there last night, was deeply missed during game 3. Granted he only got an assist on a Patrick Sharp powerplay goal (GASP!), but he generates offense, and allowed the game to open up for Sharp who was itching for a goal.
- Johnathan Toews and Patrick Kane played very well together. Made it hard for the Bruins to cover both of them when they’re out on the ice together. They combined for 3 points (1G, 1A for Kane; 1G for Toews), but it’s good to see them playing well. The Blackhawks need to see that continue.
- Hey Tuukka, thanks for playing mediocre after I said you were well on your way to become an elite goaltender. But, I guess even elite goaltenders are gonna have an off night. DON’T DO IT AGAIN!
- A great sign of strength by the Blackhawks to still play at a high level after giving up 2, 2 goal leads. It could of been a disaster for another team, but the Blackhawks deserve to be where they are at, so they proved to everyone that well, they can overcome.
- Also, good for the Bruins. Down 2 goals twice, then down a goal midway through the third, and they find a way to answer to force overtime. Brad Marchand could of easily ended it in overtime after that point blank one timer off the draw by Patrice Bergeron in overtime, but hey it didn’t happen.
- I think they got the high scoring game out of their systems, you’re going to see the defense tighten up a lot through the rest of the series. You’re going to see low scoring games the rest of the series. It’s just the way it is.
And if you missed this game (and I really am sorry for you), here are the highlights: