- Good to see Patrick Kane light it up last night. With the loss of Toews possible for game 6, he’s going to need to step it up and elevate his game.
- Speaking of Toews, reports out of Chicago after the game, stated that it was an upper body injury. If that’s the case, there’s no way he’s going to miss game 6 with the chance to win the cup in Boston. If Marian Hossa can play through an injury, so can he.
- Zdeno Chara’s slap shot early in the third period to bring the Bruins within one was scary. And I’m glad that I was not in the way for that shot. I think Corey Crawford had the same feeling.
- Besides that Chara goal being given up on his glove side, he did manage to keep everything out of the net that happened to go glove side. So good for Corey Crawford for stopping the pucks, or it would of been a lopsided victory for the visiting team.
- A very focused defensive game which most of the series was about, minus game 4. Good to see that game 4 was only a fluke, and that we shouldn’t expect the rest of the series to be like this.
- Jaromir Jagr is due for something, guy needs to get a goal. He had chances last night and he just couldn’t finish. Its a shame because he’s had good chances, its just that good goalies can stop good chances.
- Should the Bruins be worried if Patrice Bergeron is out for game 6? Yes, he is the heart and soul of that team, the unofficial captain of that team and it’d be a shame for him to miss the game. Does that mean I think Chicago will win game 6? It got a lot easier for them to win game 6, but I feel this series is far from over yet. If this series goes 7, you’ll see Bergeron back in for game 7.
- More on Bergeron. Whatever it was caused him the need to go to the hospital for further evaluation It seemed something in the lower body, and many people are saying its a possible groin related injury.
- Johnny Boychuk’s hit on Jonathan Toews was reviewed by the Department of Players Safety. Do I think the hit deserves a suspension? No, the way the hit was delivered and Toews body at the time of the hit makes me think a suspension will not come forth. But, I’m usually surprised with the way the league calls things, so expect a suspension.
For those who listened to me on the Sports 4 Starters podcast released earlier in the week noticed I correctly predicted games 3, 4 and 5. Will that streak continue, or will I be disappointed Monday when I see Chicago hoist the Stanley Cup (I won’t really be disappointed, just disappointed my prediction was incorrect)? Time will tell.
The Stanley Cup will be present for all in Boston Monday night, as we have our first chance to crown a champion. Game 6 will be on NBC at 8PM.
In case you missed it here are the highlights from last nights game 5: