As we roll through the summer, and wait for the Traverse City prospect tournament to start, and then training camp we here at Blueline Station are still looking around all areas of the internet to find you news about the sport we love, and that is hockey.
To spice things up we’ve already posted number 10 and 9 in our top ten Rangers list, with number 8 coming later today. Hopefully you like what other Ranger fans have voted, and make sure to leave us comments and feedback regarding your thoughts on the list so far. Do you agree, disagree? Share your feedback in the comment thread below.
But now onto some NHL news…
- Some sad news to report, as Shawn Burr, a member of the Detroit Red Wings, Tampa Bay Lightning, and San Jose Sharks, passed away yesterday at the age of 47, after a fall in his home lead to brain trauma. Burr was under his second battle with leukemia, after it reappeared shortly after he successfully completed chemotherapy. Burr was a fan favorite in Detroit known for his hard style play, and giving back to the community as well. It’s a sad day in Detroit, and we wish the family of Shawn Burr our condolences.
- The NHL finalized the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes, after the board of governors accepted the sale, meaning, yes, they’re staying in Glendale. We all knew that the NHL BOG were going to approve it, this just kinda seals what we already knew was going to happen.
Around the Fansided NHL Metropolitan Division…
- Ponikarovksy joins Kovalchuk in the KHL (Pucks and Pitchforks)
- Hurricanes Metropolitan Division Preview: New York Rangers (Cardiac Cane)
- Is Jack Johnson captain material? (Union and Blue)
- Arthur Staple Q&A (Eyes on Isles)
- Joel Ward is #5 in the worst contracts in Caps history (Stars and Sticks)
- How important is the Flyers coach? (Broad Street Buzz)
- Vokun or Fleury: Who should start (Pens Labyrinth)
Meanwhile on Twitter…
After new league rules my pads are now a little shorter. Not sure how it will affect my game.… http://t.co/uEgYuAJ6Cj
— Henrik Lundqvist (@HLundqvist30) August 6, 2013
— Justin Bourne (@jtbourne) August 6, 2013
August heat starting to get to hockey bloggers http://t.co/8AuFsV7GzB
— Dave Shapiro (@BlueSeatBlogs) August 6, 2013