As we roll on here through the month of September, hockey fans across the country are counting down the days on their calenders to the start of training camp, and also the regular season. We’ve already established that the New York Rangers begin their training camp this Wednesday, the 11th. The new coaching staff picked out by Alain Vigneault is quietly hoping their players have been working out over the summer. If not, they are in for a grueling and physically demanding camp, that will leave them exhausted without mercy.
While you continue to cross the days off of your monthly calender, let’s take a quick stride through the league and see what transpired this weekend.
- Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is currently the leader in jersey sales across the entire league.
- Ottawa Senators forward Jason Spezza is quite confident that he will be named the next captain.
- Brett Hull has been officially introduced into the St.Louis Blues front office.
- Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop has the opportunity to become the main man down in the sunshine state.
- Rookie defenseman Seth Jones impressive in Nashville Predators prospect game against the Florida Panthers.
As always, thanks for reading Blue Line Station!
In Case You Missed It
- Dreading October (BLS)
- 10 Players To Watch During This Year’s Rookie Camp (Eyes On Isles)
- Danny Kristo And Oscar Lindberg Shining At Traverse City (Blueshirt Banter)
— Avi Stern (@Astern51) September 8, 2013
- Well said. we are all itching for some hockey. Soon enough!
— Jon (@brijon24) September 8, 2013
- The situation is making us all insane. He will sign however, don’t worry.
The excitement for Rangers season is unreal #NYR
— Rob McCarren (@BobbyFreshcuts) September 8, 2013
- The excitement and anticipation can’t be contained.