The New York Rangers open up training camp tomorrow, NHL 14 hit the shelves in retailers worldwide today, that can only mean one thing; class is back in session. This Monday, September 16th marks the Rangers pre-season opener in Newark against their hated rivals the New Jersey Devils. They have 5 games following, when they play the Philadelphia Flyers, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Canucks and Los Angeles Kings. The only bad news is that all of those games will be played on the road due to the final stage of Madison Square Garden’s make-over.
Let’s take a look at some quick hits around the NHL…
- Free agent forward Daniel Cleary has finally decided on the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Calgary Flames yesterday announced the retirement of long-time goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff. A true legend who will go down as one of the greatest to ever skate on the ice.
- Dustin Byfuglien showed up in Winnipeg for an informal skate. According to Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press, he looks slimmer and fitter than he has in his time with the Jets. That spells bad things for the entire league.
- David Steckel will attend Minnesota Wild training camp.
In Case You Missed It
- Derek Stepan to hold out of training camp? (Rant Sports)
- Traverse City: A Look Back (BLS)
- New York Rangers News: Training Camp Schedule Announced (Blueshirt Banter)
#NYR still haven’t released training camp roster. I guess it will be more of a show up and see if your name is on the door kind of thing.
— Jared Sexton (@NYRUnlimited) September 10, 2013
In other important matters in life, Derek Stepan is still not signed. And I’m still not happy. #NYR
— LB (@xranger39) September 10, 2013
Are the Rangers really going to drag their feet on Stepan? Lets go here…#NYR
— M. Recchia™ (@Recc40) September 10, 2013