As the pre-season continues to roll on throughout the NHL, October 3 is coming quite quickly for New York Ranger fans. That night they open up against the Phoenix Coyotes in Glendale, AZ. Puck drops at 10pm and the game will be televised on MSG. Due to the final stage of renovation at Madison Square Garden, the Rangers’ first 9 regular season games will be on the road, including a 3 game trip in California against the LA Kings, San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks.
Although their season didn’t end the way they wanted it to last year, expectations still remain high for this Rangers team heading into 2013-14. With the new league-wide realignment, it will make for some fun and interesting hockey. Now, let’s take a look at some quick-hits around the league.
- The Washington Capitals have been chosen to host the 2015 Winter Classic.
- The New York Islanders played their first game in the brand new Barclays Center yesterday, falling to the New Jersey Devils 3-0.
- Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Tomas Vokoun is out indefinitely with a blood clot.
- Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Cody Franson remains without a contract, and he is now considering playing in Europe.
In Case You Missed It
- Just Some Thoughts On The League And Stepan (BLS)
- Ryan McDonagh eager to play in coach Alain Vigneault’s uptempo style (Newsday)
- Time for Rangers to cut deal with Stepan (NY Post)
— HardHeaded (@MikeBlack40) September 22, 2013
— Pete Oli (@peteyo1127) September 22, 2013