Last night’s NHL action featured 11 games on tap. Those games included the New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins, all Metropolitan Division rivals. The Rangers lost a hard fought battle against the St. Louis Blues, losing by a score of 5-3. Although their record says 1-4, there were many positives to take out of this game, which can be found here.
Last Night’s Scoreboard
Blue Jackets: 1
Maple Leafs: 6 (OT)
Red Wings: 5
- Avalanche defeated the Capitals 5-1 for their fifth-straight win under Patrick Roy.
- Predators prospect Seth Jones scored his first NHL goal last night against the Islanders
- Flyers forward Scott Hartnell will miss the next two-four weeks with an “Upper Body Injury.”
- After going pointless through their first five games, Claude Giroux finally picked up his first point of the season last night.
- Sharks rookie Tomas Hertl left last night’s game against Ottawa in the second period after colliding with Clarke MacArthur. He needed help to the dressing room.
In Case You Missed It
- Crushed Ice (Daily News)
- Better effort, same result in St. Louis as Rangers fall to Blues (Blue Seat Blogs)
- Rangers’ horrid start continues St. Louis (NY Post)
— Ryan Conolly (@RyanTheBay) October 13, 2013
— Steven Pludwin (@Steve_Pludwin) October 13, 2013
— Christine McDonald (@ColdColdThrash) October 13, 2013