The New York Rangers skated this morning in preparation for the team’s home game Wednesday night versus Metropolitan Division rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Rangers (6-8-0, 12 pts) and the Penguins (11-4-0, 22 pts) will meet for the first time this season (7:30 EST; NBCSN).
Here are the notables from the morning skate:
- Andrew Gross of The Record reports that Henrik Lundqvist will get the start tonight in goal for the Rangers. He also suggests Cam Talbot could start tomorrow night in Columbus.
- Dominic Moore skated for the first time since being injured in last Tuesday’s game vs. the Islanders. Moore revealed that he strained an oblique while taking a faceoff, but the team says the veteran is still 7-10 days away from returning.
- As per Pat Leonard of the Daily News, Derek Dorsett skated today after a maintenance day yesterday (Tuesday) and will be in the lineup tonight.
- JT Miller is expected back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Pens, while Brandon Mashinter and Justin Falk appear to be the odd men out.
- The team again claims there is no update on Rick Nash’s status. Nash suffered a concussion in the Rangers’ third game of the season in San Jose.
- In response to Pat Leonard’s question as to whether or not the Rangers need to make a trade to create more offense, head coach Alain Vigneault said “I think we need to get the pieces that we have here to play better.”