It’s a short turn-around for the New York Rangers (7-8-0, 14 pts), because tonight they face-off against the Columbus Blue Jackets (5-9-0, 10 pts) in the second game of a back-to-back and will be welcomed by some friendly faces. Marian Gaborik, Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, all former Rangers, will be in the line-up tonight to play against their former team.
Derick Brassard is also a former Blue Jacket and he will be welcomed back to where his career first began. Rick Nash, another former Blue Jacket was supposed to make his return tonight, but because of a concussion suffered back on October 8th against the Sharks, he is not in the line-up for tonight’s game.
It will be interesting to see how New York responds to their former teammates, along with Columbus. Will we see gritty hits and hard-fought play? Most definitely. I for one would love to see a fight between Dubinsky and Derek Dorsett, but we will have to wait to see what the future holds.
Goaltending Match-up (Confirmed)
Dominic Moore- Day-to-day (Strained oblique muscle)
Rick Nash- IR (Concussion)
Rangers’ previous game: 11/6/13 Rangers 5-1 Penguins
Rangers Starting Lines (Projected)
Rangers’ Upcoming Games
|SUN NOV 10, 2013||PANTHERS||RANGERS||7:00 PM||MSG|
|TUE NOV 12, 2013||DEVILS||RANGERS||7:00 PM||MSG|
|SAT NOV 16, 2013||RANGERS||CANADIENS||7:00 PM||CBC, RDS, NHLN-US, MSG 2|
Rangers’ stats vs Columbus (Courtesy of NHL Media)
- All-Time: 5-6-1-0 overall (3-1-1-0 at home; 2-5-0-0 on the road)
- 2013-14: Tonight is the first of four meetings this season, and the first of two meetings at Nationwide Arena.
- Last Season: Did not play. In 2011-12, New York was 1-0-0 overall (1-0-0 at home; 0-0-0 on the road), following a 3-2 overtime win on Feb. 19 at Madison Square Garden. Derek Stepan notched the game-winning goal 22 seconds into overtime, while Michael Del Zotto led all skaters with two assists in the contest. Henrik Lundqvist made 21 saves in the win.
- The Rangers have won three of their last four meetings with the Blue Jackets, including each of their last two meetings at Madison Square Garden.
- New York is 4-6-0 on the road; Columbus is 3-5-0 at home
- New York is 4-2-0 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents; Columbus is 2-3-0 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents
- New York lists five former Blue Jackets on their roster: Derick Brassard (2007-08 – 2012-13); Derek Dorsett (2008-09 – 2012-13); John Moore (2010-11 – 2012-13); Rick Nash (2002-03 – 2011-12); Anton Stralman (2009-10 – 2010-11)
- Columbus lists four former Rangers on their roster: Artem Anisimov (2008-09 – 2011-12); Brandon Dubinsky (2006-07 – 2011-12); Marian Gaborik (2009-10 – 2012-13); Fedor Tyutin (2003-04 – 2007-08)
Coverage starts at 6:30 pm on MSG. Game starts at 7 pm.