Talk about making an impact.
Ahead of tomorrow’s match-up against the Montreal Canadiens in the “House of Horrors” the New York Rangers held practice today to prepare for their neighbors up north.
Information leaked out about a week ago that concussed forward Rick Nash had been skating and it turns out those reports were right. Nash feels his concussion symptoms are behind him and he’s right. Today, Nash practiced in a contact jersey, he was practicing with powerplay units, however he will not be in the lineup for tomorrow’s game, as he still needs to get his conditioning back after sitting out for over a month.
Here are your notes from today’s session:
- Head coach Alain Vigneault is already in Montreal due to personal reasons.
- Nash will in fact travel with the team to Montreal.
- Goaltender Cam Talbot will get the nod for tomorrow’s game, expect Henrik Lundqvist to start on Sunday against the Los Angeles Kings.
- Michael Del Zotto and Brandon Mashinter will be healthy scratches, with Dominic Moore and Justin Falk taking their place in the lineup.
- Ryan Callahan and Anton Stralman both took a maintenance day on Wednesday, but skated today.
- Taylor Pyatt did not skate due to a concussion.
Be on the lookout for our pregame tomorrow as we get you geared up for Rangers-Canadiens. Don’t miss it!