The New York Rangers (15-15-1, 31 PTS; third in Metropolitan) host the Nashville Predators (13-14-3, 29 PTS; seventh in Central) Tuesday night (7:30 PM EST, NBCSN, MSG 2) in the two sides’ final matchup of the season. The Rangers claimed the first meeting in Nashville on Nov. 23 by the score of 2-0.
The Blueshirts–who opened a nine-game home stand on Saturday–look to get back on track after two consecutive losses at home to New Jersey (4-3 OT) and Washington (4-1).
Here’s all you need to know from Tuesday’s morning skate ahead of the team’s showdown with the Preds.
– Marc Staal, who did not skate this morning, has been diagnosed with a concussion after leaving Saturday night’s game vs. the Devils. The concussion is believed to not be as serious as the one he suffered nearly two years ago and as of now he will not see a specialist. Staal is out indefinitely.
– Dominic Moore also rejoins the lineup after being scratched for the first time this season Sunday night against Washington.
– Taylor Pyatt and Benoit Pouliot will be the odd men out Tuesday night.
– Henrik Lundqvist (9-12-1; .914 SV%, 2.58 GAA) is expected to make his 23rd start this season. Lundqvist is 1-1-1 in his last three decisions.
– Head coach Alain Vigneault, who became a bit agitated toward the end of this morning’s presser, says he’s “trying” in terms of personnel changes. The former Vancouver Cancuks coach is desperate to raise his club’s compete level.