The New York Rangers have now lost four games in embarassing fashion. The first loss being to the NJ Devils 4-3 in OT, then the next three coming against the Washington Capitals (4-1), Nashville Predators (4-1), and Columbus Blue Jackets (4-2).
Not to mention that all of these defeats have come at Madison Square Garden. If you want to be a successful team in this league, you have to make your arena tough to play in, and the Rangers have failed to do that. The fans are certainly not pleased as the Blueshirts have been booed during play and have also left the ice hearing the fans’ disappointment.
The Rangers held a Saturday practice this morning as they look to end their losing streak when the Calgary Flames come into town tomorrow night, definitely a beatable team.
Trade rumors have begun circulating again as Evander Kane has now been thrown into the mix, this rumor was reported by The Fourth Period.
I know that this team is frustrated and 6th place in the division is not where they want to be, but making a big trade to try and salvage this season would be a big mistake, but we will have to see how things shake out.
Here are your notes from this morning’s skate:
- Lines that were used at the practice: Kreider-Stepan-Nash, Richards-Brassard-Zuccarello, Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt, Pouliot-D.Moore-Dorsett, Del Zotto-Girardi, McDonagh-Stralman, J.Moore-McIlrath
- Many players told the media that they have to limit turnovers and odd-man rushes, also had a good video session this morning with AV.
- Brassard should be in the line-up tomorrow against Calgary after dealing with some soreness in his back-side.
- AV says he is still unsure of his lineup, but says Henrik Lundqvist will get his 6th straight start. “He’s the guy, he’s playing.”
- Brassard, “I want to go back in tomorrow, try & help the team get two points, it was really frustrating to not be able to play (Thurs.)”
- Lundqvist, “When things go against you, you have to stick to what you know.. for me, repeat what I’ve done the last 8-9 years.”
The most important thing in this down-slide is to stick with it and remain patient. Every team goes through bad stretches, but the bright side is that there is still 49 games left and the Rangers have the capability to make things better and begin to pick up points as they look to catch up to teams ahead of them in the Metro division.