Good morning New York Rangers fans! Last night the Rangers went into the MTS Centre to play the Winnipeg Jets and came out with a 4-2 victory and two huge points that brought them back into second place in the Metropolitan division. So let’s discuss the three stars of the game.
1) Carl Hagelin – Three goals on three shots, first career hat trick. Last night, Hagelin had the magic touch, he scored on every shot he took which includes the game winning third goal.
2) Andrew Ladd – One goal, 20:26 time on ice. Ladd was arguably the Jets best player last night, he scored the Jets second goal which game them a temporary 2-1 lead.
3) Chris Kreider – One goal, three shots, three hits. Last night Kreider did as Kreider does and scored a crucial goal by using his speed and size to move past the oppositions defense.
Those were the NHL’s three stars of the game, now I’m going give you all my three Rangers stars of the game and tell you why I feel that way.
1) Carl Hagelin – I agree with the NHL in giving Hagelin the first star, he stole the show last night in Winnipeg. Over the last few games Hagelin has been subject to being moved between lines and he’s handled it very well, last night he was on fire and notching his first career hat-trick in a game where all the pressure was on the Rangers was a good way for him to breakout.
2) Chris Kreider/Martin St. Louis – These two are tied for my second star of the game, Kreider scored the Rangers second goal of the game and gave his line plenty of offensive opportunities like he always does. Marty St. Louis offered up offensive opportunities like Kreider and notched his second point as a New York Ranger and his second assist on a game-winning goal. The two both had very good games which is why they’re tied for my second star of the game.
3) Henrik Lundqvist – What the Rangers needed last night was for Henrik Lundqvist to be Henrik Lundqvist. Aside from a 60 second span in the first period, that’s exactly what they got. Lundqvist ended the night with 30 saves and a .938 save percentage. The first jets goal was really just bad luck on Lundqvist’s part as it was batted out of the air by Dustin Byfuglien. However, the second Jets goal was one that should have been an easy save for Hank, but we’ll let it slide because from that point on he was stellar.
So Ranger fans, this was Blue Line Station’s first three stars of the night piece. Let us know what you think by commenting below!