Feb 21, 2015; Dallas, TX, USA; Detroit Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock watches his team warm up prior to the game between the Dallas Stars and the Red Wings during the first period at the American Airlines Center. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
Detroit Red Wings
- Rangers went 1-1-1 against the Red Wings this season
- Only if the Red Wings lose to the Hurricanes on Saturday, can they be matched up with the Rangers in first-round.
- The Senators would have to leapfrog them for third in the Atlantic Division
Although the Detroit Red Wings have cooled off significantly in recent times, they represent a tough out.
Veteran leadership and phenomenal coaching with Mike Babcock would be tough.
It’s very realistic the Wings could be the Rangers first-round opponent. Only if the Hurricanes can limit them to either zero points or one point on Saturday. The Senators would have to win their final game and the Penguins would also have to collect three-points and two victories, or two victories.
That scenario would bring Detroit to Madison Square Garden next week.
It was a 1-1-1 finish between the two teams in head to head battle this season.
Perhaps only Boston is scarier to face in the first-round.
More from Blue Line Station
- Blake Wheeler’s Broadway Calling: Why He Chose the Rangers
- Rangers’ Playoff Redemption Recipe: Grit and Fresh Hopes
- Rangers’ Roster Chatter: Who’s Making the Cut and Who’s in the Penalty Box?
- Jacque Plante Trade Tree Between the Rangers and Canadiens
- These Rangers must learn Peter Laviolette’s ropes before they can fly