May 29, 2015; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers goalieHenrik Lundqvist
(30) and his teammates skate off the ice after game seven of the Eastern Conference Final of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs against the Tampa Bay Lightning at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports
Take the end of this season, as you will. You could look at it as a total failure, thinking anything short of winning the Stanley Cup is just hog wash. Or, you could flip it and look at the things that went right for this team in the playoffs.
One more stat to throw at you.
Since the 2005-2006 season, the Rangers have qualified for the post season 9 out the past 10 seasons. Before that from 1998 to 2004, the team did not qualify.
Consistency in winning and having the chance year in and year out is better than having no chance in at all.
But take it as you will.
More from Blue Line Station
- Blake Wheeler’s Broadway Calling: Why He Chose the Rangers
- Rangers’ Playoff Redemption Recipe: Grit and Fresh Hopes
- Rangers’ Roster Chatter: Who’s Making the Cut and Who’s in the Penalty Box?
- Jacque Plante Trade Tree Between the Rangers and Canadiens
- These Rangers must learn Peter Laviolette’s ropes before they can fly